Here are a few restaurant survival tips to help you eat healthy.
- Restaurants serve nothing but salt, sugar, and fat. They WILL make you FAT and UNHEALTHY. If you did not prepare the food you cannot know what is in it.
- Most restaurants serve oversized, high-calorie meals
- Always get a To Go Box / Doggy Bag. Never finish your food.
- A single order of Chinese Food is usually about 6 meals 1800 calories. It should take 6 meals to eat.
- At restaurants either find the nutrition facts for your meal or plan to split it into 4 meals.
- Salads normally contain 1200 calories. Most of the calories come from the dressing which is mostly oil, salt, sugar and (saturated) fat.
- Limit restaurant food to about once a week to once every 2 weeks.
- In 30 days stop eating at restaurants.
- If you have to eat at a restaurant just get the steamed vegetables and get the hell out of there.
- Eat before or after you go to a restaurant or just bring your own food.
If you go to a restaurant and tell them you are a vegetarian or a vegan and try to explain to them that you do not want any animal products in your meal they will serve you a meal so low in calories that it will not be worth the $10.00 you spent and you will either have to bring food with you or go home and eat more food.