My Vegan Chocolate Spirulina v2.0 tastes like kale with salt. I would try to compare this to hemp milk if I had ever tried hemp milk. It is a bit of an acquired taste but the taste is natural. It also has very few ingredients and no preservatives, artificial flavors, or colors. I use it as a vegan milk substitute in my tea and cereal. The container shown in the image is Takeya Airtight Pitcher, 2-Quart .
Makes approx. 2qt.
I’m not sure how long this will last in the refrigerator because I usually finish 2qt in about 4 days.
|Water||8 cups||0 cal.|
|MAJU's Spirulina Powder||1 TBSP + 1 tsp||60 cal.||8g|
|Nutiva Hemp Protein Powder||1/4 cup||120 cal.||20g|
|Viva Labs Cacao Powder||1/2 cup||192 cal.||8g|
- Fill 2qt air tight container halfway with water. This will prevent ingredients from getting stuck on the bottom.
- Add ingredients.
- Shake for 30 seconds until mixed.
- Fill to the top with water.
- Shake another 30 seconds until mixed.
- Refrigerate and drink.
- Each time you get some of this drink you will need to shake it for about 10 seconds so the ingredients will mix together. If you pour it into a measuring cup and wait you will need to stir or swirl the drink in the measuring cup to mix it again.